printer problem - SP2 maybe?

perplexed8 17:35 03 Apr 05

new tiny computer - SP2 installed before I installed Lexmark Z708 which works fine with me as user but not with the other three administrator users (husband, son & daughter) I created shortcuts on their desktops but when they try to print a 'Save as' window keeps opening and if you save the document first it still won't print. Have been used to using windows 95 & 98 so am hopefully just doing something stupid - please help

oseven 19:14 03 Apr 05

Go to control panel,double click your printer then right click and open properties.The tab marked "Sharing" is the one you want.Make sure "share this printer is highlighted.

oseven 19:14 03 Apr 05

Go to control panel,double click your printer then right click and open properties.The tab marked "Sharing" is the one you want.Make sure "share this printer is highlighted.

xxtoriaxx 22:41 05 Dec 05

maybe u could help me... i am having terrible difficulty installing my lexmark z708..... any advice?????

JKAM 22:55 05 Dec 05

Perhaps perplexed8 could check which drivers are installed for his Lexmark Z708 using device manager and send them to xxtoriaxx who could then install them on his PC if they are different. Just a thought.

xxtoriaxx 23:02 05 Dec 05

A friend downloaded the software 4 me this evenin and sent it 2 me... but it says "windows has blocked access to this file". i followed the on screen instructions and the damn thing still wont work. at 1 point it told me it couldnt open part of the file because windows needed to know which system had created the file... im usually a pretty calm woman but this is drivin me insane.

xxtoriaxx 07:28 06 Dec 05

thanx jkam... would that be ok with you perplexed8 ??? im willing to try anything at the moment!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…