Printer problem or is it the computer Help!

753Df 17:29 18 Oct 03

I have a machine which is fairly new running on Windows XP. If I switch my computer on and than the printer everything is fine, however if I switch the printer on and than the computer, all I get is a blank screen, and nothing else. The connection is via a USP port and the printer is XP compatable.
I have uninstalled the printer software and than reloaded it again and the problem is still there.

SheffieldSpy 17:35 18 Oct 03

Have you tried the printer on another computer? Does it throw up the same symptoms? If the printer works on another machine, there may be a fault with your computer.

woodchip 17:35 18 Oct 03

Just get used to turning on in the correct order

pj123 17:38 18 Oct 03

What printer is it?

753Df 17:42 18 Oct 03

The printer ia a HP psc 2179 all in one

pj123 17:50 18 Oct 03

Thank you. Not much help for you but I have 4 epson printers on 2 PCs, and I had the same problem as you. Epson told me to: "leave the printers on all the time". Having done that I don't have that problem anymore. Maybe worth a try.

Diemmess 17:52 18 Oct 03

An all-in-one has a modem factor which must complicate thigs a lot. ...... Obviously make sure you have the latest psc2179 drivers for XP, in case you have a buggy version. Beyond that and swapping advice I have nothing to suggest.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…