Printer problem - carriage jamming.

the-george 17:09 19 Oct 04

This was a problem but I solved it and thought I would pass on the info incase others had the same trouble - hope this is ok in this forum.

My HP DeskJet 890C was printing fine until the carriage suddenly locked up. I would switch off and manually move the cartridge cradle back to the docking position then switch back on. It might do this a number of times and then work ok for a couple of sheets then lock up again.

I tried new cartridges but problem persisted and I was on the verge of throwing it through the window.
As a last resort I disconnected from PC and mains and removed the case. Then I cleaned the small amount of gunge off the track and sliders and lubricated with WD40. I refitted the case and reconnected. That was about 6 months ago and several hundred sheets ago and the printer is working flawlessly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…