Printer Problem

alba6 17:19 PM 25 Oct 11

I have a Canon Pixma iP4500 printer which has gone on the blink. When I print a 'Nozzle Check' the lines for the individual colours print OK but where the colours should be merged nothing prints. Printing in monochrome works although a bit pale. Printing in colour the first picture is almost OK then subsequent prints have alternate lines blank and the printed lines poor quality. Following pages get progressively worse until the printer is idle for a spell after which the first page is better and then the problem starts again. The cartridges have plenty ink but it looks to me as if the control of the cartridges is the problem. I have tried the cleaning and deep cleaning processes but that makes no difference.

Pineman100 17:36 PM 25 Oct 11

Here's what I would do:

1. Take the ink cartridges out of the printer and clean the contactors on the cartridges and their cradles. Here's how.

2. If that doesn't work, I would fit new cartridges.

alba6 20:46 PM 25 Oct 11

Thanks Pineman100 that seems to have cured the problem. I cleaned the contacts and printed 2 'Nozzle Check' pages and they are perfect. Alister

Pineman100 09:14 AM 26 Oct 11

Jolly good. Please click on the tick beside my post above, so that it turns green.

Bob Exeter 17:06 PM 26 Oct 11

Bob Exeter 17:14 PM 26 Oct 11

Just browsing through the problem page and read your problem and the solution.

I have the identical printer and noticed that on full auto and best paper etc there is always a colour bias towards warm {red]. I have overcome this problem by setting the printer to manual and reducing Cyan by 25. This has cured the "warm" bias so the prints are almost identical to the screen and more realistic to the eye. Perhaps other users of this printer have a similar problem. Bob Exeter

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

New Apple TV 2015 release date rumours: Apple TV 'launching in September' plus patent filed for…