printer problem

guzzunda 12:19 31 Jan 11

i`ve just put a new black cartridge in my hp psc 1510 printer every time i turn it on it keeps printing a test page . how can i stop this before the ink runs out again ?.

LimestoneRock 12:24 31 Jan 11

After it prints a test page put this sheet in the scanner, press start for colour scan & let it proceed.

guzzunda 12:40 31 Jan 11

i have scanned it . it should be done now but it wants to do it every single time i turn it on .

LimestoneRock 12:56 31 Jan 11

I can only suggest uninstalling & reinstalling the cartridge(s) & try again with the scanning.

Sea Urchin 17:20 31 Jan 11

Someone with the same problem

Just stumbled upon the cause of the problem. I went to print something in colour and it only printed black and white, printer didn't seem to realize the colour cartridge was empty or malfunctioning, I didn't know that installing a black cartridge required a test page printed in colour (who would?), and of course the software wasn't able to recognize this fault and simply rejected the test page altogether. Now that I have installed a new colour cartridge and scanned that (all of a sudden it scanned it happily), it seems to work now. HP needs to work on the software for these things, probably losing a lot of frustrated customers because of simple little software deficiencies.

murdockg 19:44 16 Feb 11

sometimes when you insert re-manufactured ink cartridges into your printer this problem arises. i installed <a href="click here">printer ink cartridges</a> but cleaned the brush heads and the problem was sorted

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…