Printer problem

Newuser2533 17:35 03 Sep 10

I know it is dated but I have a Canon iP 1000 that has provided excelent service for many many years and the inks are still readily available.
Recently I got hit by a virus that required a complete wipe of my hard drive and a loss of many programes.
I'm up and running now but I cannot find the CD to load the printer.............Do I just need the driver, which I can download from the Canon site or is there more too it than that?
I also have no idea of the serial number if I'm asked.
Any help would be helpful.
Regards.
Ron

northumbria61 17:40 03 Sep 10

You need a driver from the Canon Support website - click here

Choose your driver from under the heading "Software Download Centre" or this page - click here

northumbria61 17:44 03 Sep 10

Just checked - there is one in the list for iP1000 - then you need to select your O.S. and Language.
Download and Install - easier to download to Desktop then right click and check with your Anti Virus software before choosing install.

northumbria61 17:47 03 Sep 10

**Note** - after language selection press "submit" button to show your driver.

Newuser2533 17:52 03 Sep 10

Thank you northumbria61........I will try that tomorrow.
Thank you
Ron

northumbria61 21:00 03 Sep 10

Forgot to say - it is best to install driver software first with your printer "unplugged" ie. mains cable and usb cable.

Also -

Found this - if you are interested or for future reference you can download a FREE manual for this printer - click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…