Printer Problem

I have a HP Photosmart 7960 but all of a sudden it prints about 1 page every 5 minutes rather than about 35 pages per minute. I have ample ink so what could the problem be? Thanks.

woodchip 19:12 06 Jan 10

First go to Start\Settings\Printers Right click on your printer/Properties. Check what all the settings are set to, as these are used each time you print as default printer settings unless you alter them when choosing Print by Going into Printer Properties But doing it that way only remains while you are using the Printer, Next time they will revert to default settings in Printer Folder

chub_tor 19:14 06 Jan 10

I don't have that particular printer but in the past when I have had a similar problem with my Canon it was all down to the printer settings. In my case I was trying to print plain text using high resolution photographic settings and the printer was also allowing a long drying time between prints.

Try going into your printer properties and re-setting it back to the default setting.

woodchip 19:17 06 Jan 10

If it does not work, remove the Printer and Driver, then Reload Driver and plug the printer in

I have tried all those suggestions but it still does not work properly. Anything else?

jack 19:56 06 Jan 10

That is it is taking longer to transfer data rfrom computer to the printer memory for the print 'image' to build.
Print 'spooler size may be adjustable

take a look here to see if anything applys

click here

jack 09:44 07 Jan 10

The RAM size for example and what processor
The programs running at the time of printing.
We[all of us] will hammer away at things without considering the load the machine is carrying at a particular time.
The RAM size and the Virtual Memory size are critical.
So check your virtual memory setting - make it bigger.
Reduce the number of tasks[programs] running to free up capacity.

And of course even a touch of CCleaner will help no end to 'oil the wheels'

I use ccleaner and my PC is more than powerful with Quad Core and 4GB ram.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac