Printer problem

Simsy 10:50 08 Dec 08

Folks,

My sister has a Samsung ML-2510, bought in the summer. (It's a monochrome Laser printer). She's very happy with it, but...

Replaced the toner with a compatible, (which I got for her, but I can't remember where at the moment, need to check receipts!)...

The printer is working OK with the compatible, but there is a blinking red LED, which the manual indicates as thus;

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
• A minor error is occurring and the printer is waiting for the error to be cleared. When the problem is cleared, the printer resumes
printing.

• The toner cartridge is low. Order a new toner cartridge. You can temporarily improve print quality by redistributing the toner. See page 8.3.

• The toner is totally exhausted. Remove the old toner cartridge and install a new one. See page

• The toner cartridge reached the end of its life.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well if it's the first reason, we don't know what the error is, and it isn't any of the others. I wonder if it's inherent in it being a compatible toner cartridge?

I've downloaded, (but not yet installed for her), the "Smart Panel", and a search using google is inconclusive, so...

I'm just clutching at straws here to see if any of you good folk have experienced this and have a solution, or have other suggestions?

Thanks in anticipation,

Regards ,

Simsy

ambra4 13:35 08 Dec 08

“The printer is working OK with the compatible, but there is a blinking red LED”

If you install the old cartridge does the red led go out?

Some Laser printer cartridge has a region code installed on the cartridge and causes the printer to have a

flashing red led if the wrong region code cartridge is installed

Call the supply of the compatible cartridge and check why you getting the red led flashing

Simsy 14:59 08 Dec 08

I still have to find out where I got it from, but then I'll check with them...

However, I've since found out that it might be to due with a fuse...

click here

Once I've eliminated this as the cause, or otherwise, I'll report back. (It may be a week or so until I can get it sorted!)

In the meantime I'm happy to accept other input.
Thanks,

Regards,

Simsy

amonra 19:40 08 Dec 08

Just because the cartridge is new, dont take it as read that there is a fuse installed. Double check, I've had brand new cartridges come without a fuse. It's quite easy to see, there's a plastic clip with or without a fuse on the front left hand side. If you're not sure, I can probably take a picture ? EM me.

woodchip 19:53 08 Dec 08

I have a ML-4500 never had anything like that, only had one compat toner in it so far mine does not have no electronic connectors on the cart as far as I know. First one I got from Choice Stationery but was faulty they sent another without asking for the old one back. it would print a page okay but if more than one at a time was printed they gradually faded. I still have this cart

Simsy 22:15 25 Dec 08

It did prove to be as simple as changing the fuse, as per my link of 8th Dec.

It also resets the "pages printed" counter.

Thanks for the interest,

Regards,

Simsy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac