Printer problem

johnhellier 08:24 06 May 07

Hi

I have an Epson C48 printer, which suddenly and without warning, stopped working. A message has popped up stating something like 'the service life/ warranty of your printer has now ended consult manual'. I have tried all the connections, but I don't see why these would be wrong as I was using it a few seconds before and it was working fine. The printer is less than a year old and i wasn't aware that there was lifespan on these things. Can you please advise me?
With thanks in advance.

Migwell 08:39 06 May 07

Why not have a look on the Epson website and say what they say about that. I don't have an Epson printer but I have one of their scanners and find them good for help.

jack 08:57 06 May 07

The normal source of this is a counter system that counts the number of pages printed, and also the waste ink tank which may be getting full- are you getting dirty print out outs wet with ink on the back?
Remedies
1. Download the SSC utility from click here.
When loaded ,
double click on the task bar icon and, select your printer model. Then right click on the task bar icon and work through the tools - reset counters and so on.

Another useful web site is
click here- once more search for you make/model.
Cleaning the waste tank is listed on this site -it can be a messy job not one for feint hearted or non DIY'er
It may be the time to consider a replacement.
Whatever route you choose- this is not a repair shop job- they will tell to get the next printer.

One last point depending on the age if the printer- Epson to an excellent fixed fee swap old for refurbished scheme with next day delivery.

johnhellier 15:24 06 May 07

Thanks for the advice, unfortunately neither helped. The SSC couldn't find my computer.

Thanks anyway.

setecio 15:52 06 May 07

SSC says it supports the C48 click here

chub_tor 15:54 06 May 07

According to the SSC site for Epson click here the C48 is listed as compatible.

You might also want to consider click here

pj123 16:03 06 May 07

It looks like your waste ink pads are full.

My local Epson repair centre charges a flat fee of £15 to change the pads and reset the printer.

Check the Epson web site and find out where your local repair centre is. Mine is Jarrolds in Norwich.

johnhellier 11:45 07 May 07

Thanks everyone for trying. I have given up and bought a second hand one on the cheap.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…