Printer problem

phil.smith 11:23 16 Apr 07

My Epson cx5200 printer prints a document but then the icon in the task tray stays saying that I have a document pending. I am unable to delete the print, and when I restart the computer the printer prints the same document again before clearing.

I have the printer linked wirelessly to my laptop as well as by USB t my main computer. If I reinstall the drivers for the printer will it affect the wirelss set up to my laptop?

mocha 16:44 16 Apr 07

Which computer is giving you this problem, your laptop, the main computer or both.

phil.smith 16:59 16 Apr 07

Hi Mocha

It appears to be when I print from the main computer.

mocha 17:46 16 Apr 07

In both the print options of microsoft word and then Epsons printer utility there is a box which asks for amount of prints required, make sure this box has 1 ticked in both utilities. I have used 'Microsoft Word' as an example, most programs have the same tick box.
Also in 'Control Panel' 'Printer and Faxes' make sure that if you are deleting a document that it is pointing to the correct printer setup , which if you have installed printer drivers on both machines will state for eg. 'Epson cx5200 on desktop computer' or whatever you have named your main Network computer.

phil.smith 17:58 16 Apr 07

Thanks Mocha - will check all that.

Stuartli 18:05 16 Apr 07

Disconnect the printer temporarily from the mains supply - this normally clears the "pending" document.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…