Printer Problem

3.06GHZ Northwood 18:27 19 Mar 05

i have a home network, which links an old pc with XP pro (with an epson c44) with my new pc which has xp home (which has an epson c86). The network works fine, but only the epson c44 seems to share, even though i have the network and printers set to 'sharing'. When i go to add new printer from a network on the old pc, the epson c86 from the new pc appears as an option. When i go to add it though, it says 'the server for 'EPSON C86' does not have the correct printer driver installed' and i have the option to search for the driver (but i dont know what to search for). What should i do? i plan to get rid of the C44 soon, and just have the C86, but it wont share, because it says it has the wrong driver.

Buchan 35 21:01 19 Mar 05

From what I`ve been able to make out , you are planning to dump your C44. OK do it and load the C86`s driver on both computers. You may have to unload the C44 driver from the XP Pro PC but that shouldn`t be a problem. I really hope I`ve got the right angle on this otherwise I`m wasting your time

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…