Printer Problem

StellaArtois63 15:44 09 Mar 05

I have a Lexmark P3150 printer and suddenly the colour seems to have run out of a newish cartridge. I have replaced the cartridge again with a Lexmark cartridge only to find the same thing.I have done all the tests it requires and still nothing. I printed ten full pages of stuff just to try and see if there was muck on the printer heads, to no avail. When I print a page it comes out very washed out and pink. The ink sensors tell me there is plenty of ink.The printer is just over a year old, and one of the all in one types. I need the printer for the weekend and would like a quick and effective fix or is there somewhere I can take it to be looked at.I am in the Watford area. I am hopeless with looking at things so if I took things apart then that would be the kiss of death for the printer. I am going out tonight so I am unable to reply but would love some help when I get back. Many thanks Ade

quack 16:21 09 Mar 05

Could be the ink has dried out on the printer head. Take the cartridge out of the printer and stand it upright in a saucer of hot water for a few seconds. Carefully and gently wipe the printhead using a lintfree cloth or tissue and replace in the printer and test.

FelixTCat 16:37 09 Mar 05

Check the printer set-up in case it is printing in draft quality. Also, check the default paper in case some strange paper selection has affected it.

Wak 16:45 09 Mar 05

As Quack says, the ink could have dried out. This often happens when the printer is switched on automatically with the computer and then not used.
Only switch the printer on if you are going to use it.
I usually put the cartridge print head in 1/4" of hot water (not boiling), again as Quack says, but I leave it until cool and then stand it on a damp paper tissue to see if the ink bleeds on to the paper. Repeat as required.
I have also let the hot tap dribble on to the print head while gently brushing with a NO.3 artist's camel hair paint brush to clear a blockage but be careful not to touch the electrical contacts.
These suggestions should only be followed at your own risk.

StellaArtois63 22:41 10 Mar 05

Thanks for your help, it's worth remembering that one for the future. It turned out that the replacement cartridge I had purchased was faulty.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…