Printer Problem

maz2 23:34 19 Aug 04

Epson c64 on windows 98 when installing with cd doesn't seem to find the usb port and connects it to Lpt1 The Pc had 6 usb ports 4 on back and 2 on front and is less the 1 year old also has a modem and scanner attached any idea how I can make sure it connects to the right port please

pj123 00:14 20 Aug 04

Is that windows 98 or windows 98SE? There is a difference.

maz2 14:28 20 Aug 04

I think it's SE but I'm not sure

jack 14:42 20 Aug 04

Yes USB only works from 98SE on..............

jack 14:46 20 Aug 04

clicked too soon ther I continue
Go to Start/Control Panel/ System[at bottom of screen]/Device Manager

Is there mention of USB devices there?
USB Hub etc.,
Also go to My computer/help/about Windows
What Version?

pj123 14:52 20 Aug 04

Assuming it is win98SE, the first thing to do is go to Start, Settings, Printers and remove all printers that are listed there.

Now shutdown and restart your computer. Connect your printer to the power and computer BUT DO NOT SWITCH IT ON.

Put the Printer Driver CD in the CD drive and it should start automatically. Follow the prompts and it will tell you when to switch the printer on. Do that and then continue to follow the prompts. The printer needs to have the ink cartridges installed first though.

maz2 14:53 20 Aug 04

It must be SE surely she only got the PC in January and it has 6 usb ports on it

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:25 20 Aug 04

Modem printer and scanner are all power hungry devices may not work if all plugged in together.

Put printer in rear and modem in front and retry.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…