printer problem

i have recently just bought a new pc and i installed my printer to it ,but when i print instead of only printing the page i want it prints about 6 or 7 pages,not complete pages but parts of the page i'm tryin to print and i cant figure out why its doin this ,it would be gr8 if someone could help me with this ,thanks in advance

Diodorus Siculus 10:45 17 Nov 03

Check for page setup within the printer properties; it may well think that the pages are smaller (A5 / A6) than those it is getting (A4?).

Further, does this happen from every program within which you are printing, or only specific ones?

ProfessorX 11:35 17 Nov 03

what is yr operatin system ? do make sure the printer driver is installed corretly & don't short of any files. Check the print out setting b4 u print , for eg, select correct paper type, number of pages required, & as Diodorus said, is it only apply to some programs or all ? If not, try to reinstalled yr printer driver.

i checked page set up and its set at A4 and 1 page ,also it happens with anything i try to print it just goes mad and prints 6 or 7 pages of sections of the page ,never a complete page,its drivin me nuts.

ProfessorX what is yr operatin system ?

i'm running windows xp home

ProfessorX 19:07 18 Nov 03

running win98, no problem
Hv u try to to reinstalled the printer software?

wee eddie 20:04 18 Nov 03

It's trying hard to be a gr8 printer but not qiite getting there

wee eddie 20:06 18 Nov 03

1. Is each page coming through separately?

wee eddie 20:10 18 Nov 03

2. does each sheet have the same bit printed on it, or a different consecutive part?

3.Is each bit on the same part of the page or are they all at the top?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…