Printer problem

Dionysiac 21:26 01 Nov 03

Hi, I am having major problems trying to get ANY printer to work on my pc. I run Windows XP and just as of recently my canon s100 printer was working fine, but then it just stopped working. I tried reinstalling the drivers but still the same problem, it just did'nt seem to be communicating with the pc. I suspected the hardware might be at fault but after trying another lexmark all in one printer the same problem happened. I have tried everything I can think of and find this really frustrating. Both printers are connected via USB if that helps.

Thanks
Nabil

Roland Butter 21:30 01 Nov 03

Have you tried running through the trouble shooting guide?

Khalid 21:51 01 Nov 03

Try and connect another usb device(mouse,camera etc) in the same port. A nil respose will indicate that the USB port is faulty. Get a PCI to USB card around (?10) install it then connect your printer to this card.

Good luck.

Khalid Saumtally

Stuartli 09:33 02 Nov 03

Have you checked in Device Manager that the USB controller is working correctly?

Are you using a USB hub? If so, it's best to use a powered hub, whilst items such as scanners, printers etc are best run from a dedicated USB port on your system.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now