Printer printing weird scrip? Help!

buel 22:34 05 Jan 09

Hi there, iv just tried printing a page and my printer is printing a weird type of script instaed, why is this please?

Technotiger 22:53 05 Jan 09

It really would help if you gave some details.

What OS, what printer, what program are you using, what are you trying to print?

buel 00:14 06 Jan 09

Windows xp, Epson R285 and trying to print my personal details for a credit card application form that has given me the option to print, i had the same problem trying to print the football fixtures on saturday...

lotvic 00:47 06 Jan 09

sounds like you have cancelled a print job and XP had already spooled some. (saved data ready to print) and now these docs are 'hung' so you just get garbage printing out.
You need to clear the print spool click here

buel 20:05 06 Jan 09

Hi there, thanks for the advice, unfortunately i tried your way and it didn't work, the best way to descripe what it prints is that the 'script'/internet language is relevent to whatever page i print, for instance this is a few lines of what printed when i tried to print the page from your link on spooling and xp:

<META content="print spooler,pring,windows XP" name=keywords<>LINK
href="favicon.ico" rel="shortcut icon"<>LINK

Does this help at all please?

Technotiger 20:07 06 Jan 09

Try running SuperAntiSpyware, you might just have a gremlin in the works! On completion, re-boot your PC.

lotvic 23:13 06 Jan 09

Don't know why it's printing the Meta tags thingys

I'd be inclined to uninstall the printer and driver and then reinstall to see if that sorts it out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…