Printer with print heads combined in cartridges?

brewersfan 15:34 12 Nov 06

Hi,

Can someone recommend an inkjet that has individual colour cartridges which also have the print heads combined in the cartridges rather than in the printer itself (if such a beast exists)?

Budget is up to £100.

Thanks in advance.

Koochy 15:39 12 Nov 06

Can i just ask why you require the print head to be combined in the cartridge as to me this would make the carts very expensive.
I can recommend click here
This is in my opinion is a fantastic printer and even does CD/DVDs as well

Koochy

brewersfan 15:51 12 Nov 06

We've had a couple of printers go down on us with printer head problems and don't fancy the idea of a third, hence the idea of disposable heads, nothing else.

Thanks for the link - I'd seen the 4300 somewhere but didn't realise it had disposable heads.

Koochy 15:57 12 Nov 06

Sorry about the confusion but it hasn't got disposable heads it is just a printer i recommended as i have the older version (IP4200) and have been using this for about a year now and have not had any problems at all. May i just ask if you have been using non original carts as this can be a problem with print head problems. Some of the non original carts are fine but some printers especially Canons just don't like them.

Koochy

brewersfan 16:03 12 Nov 06

They were Epsons and yes, we did use non Epson cartridges but only once - which was when they both said enough is enough!

Maybe we'll look at HP and use HP cartridges and forget the disposable heads!

Thanks for your help,

brewersfan

palinka 16:34 12 Nov 06

or try Canon. I would not tpouch an epson after experience helping a friend who had one - they are very expensive to run (ie for ink). But you'll find peopel in this Forum who will defend them.
Print heads/cartridge combination would be VERY expensive; I think you need to go for a printer that is not an Epson. And while you're at it, check that it allows each colour to be replaced independently (eg. if you happen to use a lot of one colour you can then replace just that cart). Also check that you can set it so that black is printed just from the black cart - some printers mix the colours to produce black, which is also an expensive way of doing it. It's a significant factor if you do a lot of black printing (eg letters)

wjrt 16:36 12 Nov 06
  Strawballs 16:57 12 Nov 06

My HP has the print heads in the carts but it only has 2 carts but I think they do make the sort of thing that you are looking for but I don't know the price

freaky 18:06 12 Nov 06

I have always used HP printers because the print heads are in the cartridge, saves a lot of hassle and no problem with blockages etc.

brewersfan 22:21 12 Nov 06

Thanks for all your input - it's given us food for thought. I think we'll go for a Canon or HP and forget about disposable heads.

Marked as resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5