Printer only printing every other line

MorningBard 15:53 09 Nov 04

Hi .. using lexmark x1150 3 in 1 printer and its started to print every other line ...have deleted and reintstalled it twice following all instructions but still get same result. Its a docoment i've printed out several times before and have made sure its not in double line spacing, any suggestions please

Djohn 18:24 09 Nov 04

It sounds as though the printer has somehow been set for bi-directional printing, or the other way round. Look through the options of your printer software to see if there is an option to change this.

It may be that the printer itself does not support two way printing so it is printing only when the head is going from right to left but not printing on the next line down as the head travels from left to right.

This is only a guess but all I can think of at the moment. At least this will bring you back to the top for others to offer suggestions.

jolorna 19:48 09 Nov 04

you havn't got it set to draft copy

MorningBard 17:52 10 Nov 04

Ok will look at both and come back to you later in week

MorningBard 12:41 19 Nov 04

Hi Djohn ... yes it was set to bi directional printing ...thanks for help

Djohn 13:37 19 Nov 04

Pleased it worked. It was only a guess on my part but the only logical thing I could think of. Thanks for letting us know. That's another fix we can put in the success file for future reference. :o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…