//some 3rd party need geo

Printer not wanting to Print!

csb3 16:11 10 Aug 05

O/S: Windows XP Professional
Intel Pentium processor

I am wanting to print from a software programme (EMIS - Egton Medical Information System) - which I can usually do via the software itself, or via exporting to and printing from Word.

Currently the option "print to slave printer" does not get a response,and "export to microsoft word" causes it to give me the message "the doument stew.rtf cause a serious error last time it was opened. you may continue to open it or you may perform data recovery". It was working fine this morning but doesn't wish to export to word now. Have had this problem before when it would play up for 2 or 3 days and then sort itself out. I have tried re-booting, and fiddling with the printer settings but to no avail.

I am currenly on a network, and my default printer is a connected to the other pc in the office, but allows me to print from it as long as that PC is switched on. Should I be checking something on the pc the printer is shared with?

Any suggestions most welcome.

stlucia 16:49 10 Aug 05

If I were you, I'd make a backup of that document (make a copy using Windows Explorer), and then select the "data recovery" option in EMIS.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…