Printer not printing pdf documents

urale 17:38 28 Jan 08

I have Epson Stylus CX5200 printer which has stopped printing pdf files but prints all other files, Word etc OK. When I click on 'print' on a pdf file, a pop up window titled 'Print to File' appears and asks for 'Output File Names'. Putting a file name here does not help. I was able to print pdf files till a few days ago without any problem.

I have reloded Acrobat Reader 8.1.1, which I use,but not cured the problem. My OS is XP Home.

I will be grateful for any suggestions to solve this problem.

anskyber 17:41 28 Jan 08

Many of us here use the lighter Foxit Reader, you could try that. click here

howard64 17:49 28 Jan 08

if you have word highlight the pdf and control c to copy it and open a word page and control v to paste it. I often do this to just print the bits I want not all of it.

urale 18:19 28 Jan 08

Thank you anskyber, I have downloaded Foxit Reader and it solved the problem, I can print pdf files directly using this software which I was not aware of.

It would be nice though to know why it stopped printing with the Acrobat Reader.

urale 18:21 28 Jan 08

Thank you howard64, I have been using this technique but found it time consuming for straight forward printing, but it is OK for selected part printing.

VoG II 18:21 28 Jan 08

There is a Repair option on the Help menu of Acrobat Reader.

urale 19:33 30 Jan 08

Thank you VoG, I have tried the Repair option but did not help. Foxit reader prints the pdf documents fine so I removed the Acrobat Reader from my computer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now