Printer not printing more than one copy

daniellabell 08:45 AM 14 Aug 11
Answered

Hello

I have recently installed a new printer (before doing this I uninstalled my previous printer using RevoUninstaller). Unfortunately I couldn't get the CD rom to work so I had to visit the Brother website and download the most up to date drivers from there.

My new printer is a Brother DCP-J315W and I am using Vista. I am trying to print from Microsoft Word and when I select to print a number of copies it only prints one, regardless of the number of copies I have selected.

I have just checked and this is also the case when trying to print from an internet page, I am using Google Chrome.

Does anyone know if there any settings I can change to enable me to print quantities?

chub_tor 11:53 AM 14 Aug 11

Have you tried the Brother Solution Centre?

northumbria61 12:01 PM 14 Aug 11

You should be able to right click on your printer and select Printing Preferences then select/change the number of copies - this would only be a short term solution I imagine.

daniellabell 12:15 PM 14 Aug 11

Yes I visited the Brother Solution Centre but their recommended actions did not work. They advised the following:

"For Windows Vista® Users: Click Start =>Control Panel => Printers. Right click on the printer icon for your machine and select Properties. Click the Advanced tab and uncheck Enable advanced printing features."

I have also tried the second suggestion of right clicking on the printer and selecting Printing Preferences then select/change the number of copies and still it only prints one copy of the document.

I think I will just phone Brother tomorrow to see if they have any idea unless anyone can think of any other settings which I could potentially change?

northumbria61 12:34 PM 14 Aug 11
Answer

Try this -

Right-click on the C:\windows\temp folder. Choose "properties," then "security."

You will see a listing that may include, CREATOR OWNER, SYSTEM, Administrators, Users, and Trusted Installer.

Click once on "Users (ie:your pc information\Users)"

In the permissions window below, the Users entry should have all of the same check-marks as the Administrators entry. To add check-marks, Click the "Users" entry once to hi-light it, and click "Edit." Add the needed check-marks. (Example - tick all the boxes - Full control, Modify, Read, Write etc.) then click Apply - OK

daniellabell 13:53 PM 14 Aug 11

Wow it's worked! Thank you very much, I can now print multiple quantities!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 review: Hands-on with the phone which the Z3+ should have been

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to choose a photographer

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone