Printer not printing legibly (kodak esp 3.2)

UniGirl 15:04 08 May 13

Hi, I've recently bought a Kodak esp 3.2 and have already used about two cartridges (both black and colour).

However, I've found that when I print out my work, often the black is faded/illegible as the black does not always print. Today, I replaced an empty black cartridge and calibrates the printer as well as cleaned the printhead, however the problem remained.

I have half a colour cartridge left, so any pictures/diagrams are faded and unreadable. I think this might be due to the red portion being run out, however I cannot afford to replace the cartridge for this if it still has half the contents still in there (would be such a waste!).

Is there anything I can do to make my printer print correctly? I really need to use it for work, so any suggestions would be great. Or if you know why it's playing up so much that would be brilliant - I've only had it since November, and have had this problem inconsistently since I first got it (it always seems to coincide with when the ink is running low or has just been replaced). I've kind of got fed up with this printer, as I bought it for its economy printing, and am having such issues with it.

Thanks for any help you can give me!!

john bunyan 18:27 08 May 13

Have you seen this?

Kodak print head cleaning

I use a Canon. and occasionally have the same problem, especially if you do not use the printer regularly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…