printer not printing in black

march 12:45 14 Apr 03

running windows 98 with lexmark 3200 filled black cartridge with ink and reinstalled but it will not print anything from the black cartridge have tried align, clean nozzles,several times and wiped the nozzles and contacts but still nothing colour prints ok any suggestions please?

march

march 13:29 14 Apr 03

the cartridge I am trying to refill does not appear to fill (ie the ink is not spurting out at the refill hole no matter how much I put in)as the cartridge I am using is not a new one but the orginal lexmark that I have refilled could it be that after so many refills the cartridge needs replacing with a complete new one? and if so how many times approx can they be refilled? have gone through troubleshoot & checked all connections but still cannot get it to print. any help please march

the cartridge I am trying to refill does not appear to fill (ie the ink is not spurting out at the refill hole no matter how much I put in)as the cartridge I am using is not a new one but the orginal lexmark that I have refilled could it be that after so many refills the cartridge needs replacing with a complete new one? and if so how many times approx can they be refilled? have gone through troubleshoot & checked all connections but still cannot get it to print. any help please march

march 13:35 14 Apr 03

dont know what happened there(x3) talking to myself I guess
march

pj123 14:00 14 Apr 03

When I used to refill my cartridges (don't anymore too messy) I found it was best not to let the cartridge completely run out or it wouldn't work. Most ink refill companies reckon maximum 10 refills.

vinnyT 14:03 14 Apr 03

You could try leaving it soaking in nail varnish remover fluid (only the bottom part of the cart, about 1cm) for 20 minutes, this sometimes works for me if I've left it too long before refilling.

pj123 14:06 14 Apr 03

tonezones price for a Lexmark 12A1970 compatible ink cartridge is £14.95 Go here click here

march 14:51 14 Apr 03

will try varnish remover 7 get back thanks for responding
march

march 15:12 14 Apr 03

tried the varnish remedy but no go I'm afraid looks like a new cartridge will have to be installed thanks for your help anyway march

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5