PRINTER NOT COMMUNICATING

caterpilla 22:35 04 Jan 04

I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET A 4 PORT USB INSTALLED (UNSUCCESSFULLY)THIS SEEMS TO HVE CAUSED ANOTHER PROBLM MY PRINTER NOW WONT WORK. IVE TRYED REINSTALING IT BUT IT DOESNT MAKE ANY DIFRNC,
I GET THIS MESSAGE communication not available-
printer cannot communicate with printer -
make sure printer is turned on and all leads secure. IVE DONE THIS BUT aArrggHH NO GO

caterpilla 23:08 04 Jan 04

caterpilla 23:09 04 Jan 04

HELP I HAVE IMPORTANT ASSIGNMENTS TO PRINT OUT FOR UNI

josie mayhem 23:13 04 Jan 04

what printer are using, and what os.

Some advise before hand without further details, go to the printers makers site, see if they have a unstall soft-ware for your model. It might be under windows normal add/remove it might not be cleaning drivers ect from the resgistry fully.

Here they might provide a cleaner that you can use.

caterpilla 23:18 04 Jan 04

ok ill try it but any way its windows 2000 with office xp with lexmark z25

josie mayhem 23:29 04 Jan 04

Assumption I'm making here that your printer is using a usb conection ( I have lexmark x73) remember that once you've cleaned the old drivers, that you disconnect the usb, until asked.

Have also clearned the 4 port usb that you've been trying to install? Has if this isn't completely unistalled then I ponder weather this courseing problems?

Sorry I don't know win2000, Jump from 98se to xp, but does win 2000 have a restore point like xp (I am aware that these two o.s are very similar)

bruno 23:47 04 Jan 04

Does your hub plug into the mains or take its power from your PC?Some appliances need a self powered hub or there may not be sufficient power from a non powered version.My scanner specifies that it needs a powered one.If you plug your printer directly into the usb outlet on your PC does it work then?

caterpilla 23:54 04 Jan 04

OK ive fixed the printer prob i used ace utilty to uninstal it reinstaled and working now. back 2 the hub yeh its extrnl powered and nothing works when i plug it in i just get the cant communicte mssge, lastly how do i clean the 4 port usb im a rite novice

caterpilla 23:56 04 Jan 04

also the restore point im not sure as i say NOVICE

caterpilla 23:58 04 Jan 04

THAT SHOULD HAVE READ im not sure ,im a novice

caterpilla 00:13 05 Jan 04

its that old devil called HUB

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…