Printer network.????

Blacki 09:39 17 Aug 05

Hi,

I have a pc with Win me on it which is connected to a printer through a parallel port. I would also like to hook my laptop up to the same printer. Is it possible to get a parallel port hub or a new usb hub to share access to the printer. I.E USB lead to printer, USB lead to PC and another lead to the laptop. Or if anyone knows any other ways.

Thanks

Longhouse 20:46 18 Aug 05

Try looking in somewhere like Maplins for a printer switchbox (can't find any on their web site at the moment) or Dabs (link: click here )

You should be able to find an automatic switch (like the one at Dabs) that only requires you to connect each PC via a parallel cable to the box and a single cable out to the printer. The device should auto sense if both PCs try to print at the same time. Amore expensive solution would be to set up a simple home network with a print server.

Alternatively, for a simple manual solution, try this link: click here

(hope those links work!)

I presume that you don't want to network the PCs and share the printer whilst attached to the host PC as this would entail always having to have the host on-line.

Good luck

Longhouse

Blacki 11:32 21 Aug 05

Thats just what i was looking for. Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced