Printer monitor query.

geedad 19:58 13 Sep 08

I have an Epson R300 Stylus PHOTO printer.
Although I have installed new cartridges, the monitor shows that some of the six carts are very low.
I use a reliable compatible cartridge called JetTec, and have done so for a long time.
The Epson normally shows a red blinking light, which indicates a low quantity of ink left, but will show me that I can still print X number of pages before the necessity of replacement.However, it's now asking me to replace srtaight away.
has anyone experienced this problem ( preferably with the same printer model)?
geedad

crosstrainer 20:05 13 Sep 08

Yes. it's common. You can either ignore it, or perform a nozzle and print alignment test (not recommended because it wastes ink)

Epson don't like you using third party carts. I do, and have disabled the monitor completely.

When the ink runs out.... The page won't print, just like in the good old day's!

geedad 20:50 13 Sep 08

crosstrainer
Many thanks!
I could,however, kick myself, because I panicked and replaced a couple of near-new cartridges!
Nevertheless, thanks for your tip, I'm a lot wiser now!
geedad

geedad 16:27 14 Sep 08

crosstrainer
If you are still tracking this post,the latest is that my Epson R300 is still refusing to print.
I re-installed the sofware, and did not tick the Epson Monitor software, hoping that it would not install. However, although it did not show ON SCREEN, it did show on the PRINTER DISPLAY Window, and I can't get past it!
It still shows that I need X number of carts replacing, even though they are fresh installed!
Annoying or what............?
How did you remove Epson Monitor?
geedad

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…