Printer madness??

cina 20:50 08 Feb 04

i have an Epson c20 and all of a sudden it refuses to work and a screen comes up telling me that something is wrong, take the printer to a repair shop. It doesn't tell me whats wrong? I object to a printer telling me it doesnt feel well and can't come to work today. can anyone tell me how to bypass this, otherwise new printer, just on it's say so?

AndyJ 20:56 08 Feb 04

Can you be a bit more specific as to what the screen says when it tells you "something is wrong" ?

cina 21:07 08 Feb 04

The screen came up a couple of times but even that has stopped appearing. It said something like "this is a mainatainance alert, a component may have failed, please take it for maintainance".
The red and green lights are flashing, nothing in manual.
Ive heard of built in obsolescence but now they've got the cheek to tell you when its due.
cheers

AndyJ 21:23 08 Feb 04

There used to be a rumour sometime back that Epson had programmed this to happen after so many head cleanings had taken place.

A lot of people managed to get round it by trying the following

Turn the power off. Press and hold the Load/Eject and Cleaning buttons while you turn on the power. Release both buttons when the
Paper Out LED is flashing. Press and hold the Cleaning button for atleast 10 seconds.

There's also a site that proved helpful for some
click here

Don't promise these will work - but worth a try.

cina 22:55 08 Feb 04

perfect. that utility is a godsend. i wonder how many people have binned the printer rather than get it fixed. This does the job. a must for the toolbox.
cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…