Printer keeps printing gobbledygook

Halmer 21:02 18 Jan 04

Why, every time that my printer jams or runs out of paper or encounters any problem at all, does it then fail to print anything but a load of rubbish. I can only stop it from printing a load of unrecognisable fonts by pulling out the mains lead for half an hour or so. It is an Epson and I have XP.

Every time that there is the slightest thing to upset it, such as it running out of paper, it goes thro this daft routine.

I am going to give it until next weekend,then take it to the tip and take great delight it smashing it to bits on the side of a skip.

wawadave 21:07 18 Jan 04

try removeing printer from computer removeing printer from start,settings printer. and device manager reboot
shut computer back off reinstall printer. reboot goto start,settings printers and make dang sure you get the right make and model reinstall it there. check at makers sight see if they have any patches or drivers for it.

Djohn 21:18 18 Jan 04

click here and have a read of this thread Halmer. Try my tip regarding the removal of the power lead. j.

woodchip 21:28 18 Jan 04

Printer cable should not be over 6 meters if parallel, switch boxes are a problem also check against a new cable. Also try downloading and installing a new driver you may need a Win2000 driver

Halmer 21:32 18 Jan 04

There is a Win 2000 driver but nothing for XP.

I've tried to download this one but nothing happens. May have withdrawn support now?

I spotted your response Djohn thanks when I did a search under 'printers'.
I'll give it a go but even if it clears I suspect that it will foul up as soon as it gets any hint of a problem again.

I noticed a cheap Canon 330 or something or other in my local shop for £65. Probably do me for my needs. I could then take the Epson outside and jump up and down on it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…