printer jamming!

Edward-207256 17:43 21 May 05

i have recently installed an Epson Stylus C44UX and tested the printer. On the first print, it said the black ink cartridge was inccorectly installed or empty. I inserted another ink cartridge - the ones i am using are not Epson catridges, but fit - following the on screen instruction. it 'charge' the ink cartridge and recognised it as one of those other than Epson cartridges. It said it was ok. It started printing again and another error message came up saying 'Paper Jam' and told me to hit the maintenance button on the printer or the eject button on screen. I hit the eject button to no avail. I tried again and still no joy.I removed the paper and pressed the eject button again and it seemed to clear. I inserted the paper again and the same error message came up. I can't get past this point and was wondering if any of you have had similar problems or could find a solution.
Kind Regards, Eddy

Border Collie 18:24 21 May 05

Try this. Go into Control Panel - Printers and Faxes, right click on the printer icon and delete.

Shut down computer.

Disconnect your printer from your tower.

Switch printer on and wait until all activity has finished then switch off.

Re-connect to tower and boot.

Insert printer installation disk and follow instructions.

Border Collie 18:24 21 May 05

Try this. Go into Control Panel - Printers and Faxes, right click on the printer icon and delete.

Shut down computer.

Disconnect your printer from your tower.

Switch printer on and wait until all activity has finished then switch off.

Re-connect to tower and boot.

Insert printer installation disk and follow instructions.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:08 21 May 05

Epsons are all the same follow these steps to fix!
1) uninstall your epson printer making sure printer switched off.

2) Hold the windows key on your keyboard and click the Puse/Break button, the System propoties dialog box will apear!

3) select Hardware, Device Manager select the connection type either Universal Serial Bus (USB) or PORTS (COM & LPT) select your printers driver (epson...etc..)it will probubly have a (!)by it click remove driver!

4) Restart your PC

5) Insert Epson R300 CD into drive and load software when it says epson not found searching for connection the switch on your printer Windows will detect it and use the driver off the cdrom to install it! Click next then Finish.

6) Restart your pc.

7) It is recogmended you do a ink cartage nossle clean on your printer once a month and print a test page! for more details consult your user guide

Edward-207256 12:18 22 May 05

ok, thanks, ill try all these methods later and get back to you tonight, ta again
eddy

DieSse 12:24 22 May 05

Printer jam warnings are often head movement jams.

Inside the printer you will see a round horizontal shiny bar, about 1cm diameter, that the printhead/carriage/inks runs along.

Wipe it clean with a tissue dampened with alcohol - then wipe it again with a tissue dampened with a light oil, or very light grease. Do not try spraying oil onto it. Do not leave other than a very thin film on it.

Try again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…