Printer installation problem

I have just bought a new computer Window XP home OS.After installing printer on restart computer freezes on opening screen. Have tried connecting printer then starting computer and it still freezes on start up. printer works pefectly on my backup computer.

patbry

Jeffers22 23:47 03 Mar 05

Delete it and reinstall following the instructions to the letter. I assume it (the printer) has proper XP drivers.

Robin0759 00:35 04 Mar 05

you don't say what your printer make and model is, or what your back-up computer's operating system is. My guess is that your printer is a few years old and that your previous computer runs a previous operating system than XP. In normal configuration, XP should automatically sense additional peripherals being connected, and will search it's own library of drivers to install. If you have tried to install your existing printer disc(which might not be compatable to XP) it could mess things up. If you have no printer driver compatible for XP, search the manufacturers web site, and download.

Thanks for replies. My back up computer also has windows XP OS.I have uninstalled printert drivers and will try a re-install and let you know the result.

patbry

Further answers to replies. It is a Lexmark p3150 only 6 months old and has been tested by suppliers and works perfectly.

patbry

Fellsider 10:31 04 Mar 05

I've got a similar problem with my P6250 which is also an all in one.

If I switch on and try to load the PC immediately it freezes in the start-up.

What I do is this:-

Switch on power,

Let the printer go through its preparation and when it is finished

start up the PC.

Incidentally, mine usually freezes during shutdown too.

Installation was done to the letter, I must contact Lexmark if I can't sort it.

If this does not reflect your prob then I'm afraid I can't help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…