Printer installation

K*B 20:40 21 Aug 10

Hello. I have two profiles on my laptop running OS:vista home basic. I have locally installed an hp printer in my profile only. To enable printing in the other profile do I have to install the printer separately in that profile too? even though the printer is attached physically to the same laptop which contains both profiles? Thanks

Nontek 22:49 21 Aug 10

Best way to find out is to try it! I have only ever used Epson, so can't be specific, but sharing the Epson printer between two PC's (as opposed to two profiles) is just a case of clicking on 'Share this printer' after right-clicking on its' icon.

K*B 15:45 22 Aug 10

Thanks Nontek, but is there anyone out there who has experienced my situation? I have tried and found that printing in the second profile failed. Now my problem is whether to install the printer a second time in the same laptop but in differnt profiles, or there's a better way of sharing the one printer in 2 different profiles on the same machine. Please help.

K*B 07:22 20 Sep 10

I have found that the solution to my problem is just setting the same printer as default in the second profile. There's no need to install it in the second profile as I'd thought. Procedure? In the second profile, just go to PRINTERS, right-click the installed printer and choose the "Set as Default" option. This means that the installed printer has to be set as default in both profiles to enable printing in both profiles using the one printer installed on the laptop.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…