printer install box appears every time i switch om

Skirta 21:04 12 Sep 05

When i switch on my computer the printer installation box appears.The Epson site said it was a microsoft problem. Microsoft told me to delete file LPTENUM from the registry. I found the file but the computer would not let me delete it.I use Windows xp home. My printer is an Epson stylus color 680.Any advice would be welcome.

GaT7 21:11 12 Sep 05

click here, see the last post. G

Totally-braindead 22:41 12 Sep 05

I've got a 680 and had exactly the same problem. To cure it what I did was let Windows XP install its own driver then installed the latest Epson one, then I just picked the Epson driver as the default printer, once the driver from the XP disk was installed it stopped asking for it even though it isn't the default printer. It seems to be happy just to be installed even if its not used. Can't guarantee it'll work for you but it worked for me.

woodchip 22:44 12 Sep 05

I get it with a Samsung Laser. But if the Printer works just click Cancel it will not hurt your finger, I promise

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…