Printer, insert ink cartridge properly problem

Jonah1000 17:53 13 Mar 04

I have a BJC-2100 printer, which i'm trying to set up, mind you it is few years old (but in good nick), and a friend had a lone of it. i have new cartridges, but it won't print, it keeps saying cartridges arent inserted properly, which they seem to be, any suggestions, or will i bin it.

carvers 18:45 13 Mar 04

it may be worth trying manufacturers site for an updated driver as if it is that old it may not work with your system. you may need to give more info ie what operating system etc before someone in the know can help you

Jim Suter 19:39 13 Mar 04

I had a similar problem with my HP printer. It was a faulty cartridge that was causing the problem. Excahnged the cartridge problem solved.

wee eddie 20:44 13 Mar 04

Canon's print-heads are usually separate and when you get the printer you have to seat it in it's cradle and align it.

Maybe, just maybe, he has been fiddling and moved the print head itself. so might be worth going back to square one.

Otherwise I can recommend the i850/i865 which replaced my BJC620.

Wak 21:37 13 Mar 04

I used to have a Canon BJC1000 which said it had the wrong cartridges in when I only ever used the same cartridge.
It turned out that the printer was set to use the PHOTO cartridge when I was inserting the standard three colour cartridge.
Just a thought!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…