Printer inks

Chopin 20:38 12 Jan 03
  Chopin 20:38 12 Jan 03

The March edition of PCadvisor discusses the costs of replacement inks. I have an Epson inkjet C680 and when I installed a PCWorld colour cartridge the system informed me that it was not an Epson ink and refused to operate. When I took it back the salesman said he would personally only use the Epson ink and replaced the cartridge for the extra cost involved.
Is there a way to force the system to accept an ink from an alternative supplier?

woodchip 21:12 12 Jan 03

I have a 680 and it say's that it's not original and ask's me what to do, you should choose accept. If you have done otherwise you will have to remove you printer driver and software complete from your computer as it will have stored your answer some whare may be in the .inf file but it may have stored it in the driver and it will not then let you use compatible ink until you remove the settings

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…