printer inks

pinklillyella 12:18 20 Dec 03

i have a hp psc 2210 all in one printer & am about to change the inks for the first time .. what a shock at the prices .. i was told about compatables but am scared to do this as pcworld advised i would damage my printer .. can u please tell me if this is true as at xmas time i really cant afford the full price of hp inks .. thank u

Jester2K II 12:22 20 Dec 03

You can get genuines cheaper at...

click here

click here

pinklillyella 12:34 20 Dec 03

thank u 4ur response jester & i know that site will be useful in future .. but i actually need to go out n buy inks today, i have no time to wait for them to be delivered thats why i need the advice on compatables after pcworld sayin dont do it .. what damage r they talkin about if i use compatables .. surely they wouldnt sell if they caused damage n would have been taken off market .. thank u

Gongoozler 12:58 20 Dec 03

Hi pinklillyella. With Epson printers there is a slight risk of compatible cartridges damaging the printer because the print heads are part of the printer and if they become clogged the printer may not be economically recoverable. HP printers are different. The cartridge incorporates the print head, hence the high price. HP compatible cartridges are generally used HP original cartridges that have been cleaned and refilled. It is almost impossible for them to damage the printer. If you buy from a reputable supplier, such as those mentioned by Jester2K II you are very unlikely to have any problems, although the print quality may not be quite up to that of an HP original.

handful 13:00 20 Dec 03

I have used cartridges from Cartridge World and have had no problems whatsoever. They apparantly match the originals exactly. click here for your nearest store. A lot cheaper than the originals.

pinklillyella 13:59 20 Dec 03

thank u 4ur replies..i have e-mailed cartridge world for some prices as i discover i have one on my doorstep lol

Gongoozler 15:15 20 Dec 03

"In the unlikely event of a claim that a cartridge refilled by Cartridge World caused
damage to the printing mechanism of your equipment, please obtain a written
statement from the equipment servicing company or the equipment manufacturer
stating exactly how the Cartridge World refilled cartridge was responsible for the
said damage. Send this statement and the service invoice together with the
cartridge to the Cartridge World place of purchase. Cartridge World will
reimburse the full amount of the repair charge for any such valid claim."

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…