printer ink warnings

pinnicat 08:47 04 May 04

After regular use of branded ink cartridges, with which i would rather carry on printing, i tried an experiment on continued printing after the "Low ink warnings" appeared. On the 20% warning i managed to print a further 9 pages of "WEB PAGE" size documents. And on "Cartridge empty" another 11 pages. And it's still printing at high quality.
This was just the black cartridge and in this case obviously the smaller of the two in volume.
Hope this saves a few of you a quid, because what they say is empty....IS NOT.
regards. MIK

bamfiesler 08:54 04 May 04

Hi,

That monitoring carry-on is a lot af nonsense; youy are quite right to keep going.

Bamf

Agent Smith 09:03 04 May 04

Similarly for laser printers. Take out the process unit and shake gently from side to side to redistribute the toner in the hopper.

golfpro 09:05 04 May 04

Ah now here's a thing, I have a Canon S750, when any of the cartridges run out of ink ( according to the printer) I will get a pop up on the screen detailing this and can not carry on printing. Whats more is when you press the OK tab at the bottom of the message it does not clear, just stays there in the middle of the screen. The only way to clear it is to switch off the computer, even replacing the cartridge will not clear it.

jack 09:52 04 May 04

Those of you that would prefer to stick to 'orig' cartridges rather then risk anything, there is a way of 'refilling them with 'original ink'.
Keep the 'empties' and buy a 'refill kit'
[syinges and bungs] When you have goodly stock of 'empty'[but not quite] carts pierce them one by one/col by colour and extract the ink that is not there with the syringe and top up a cart.
Its so easy, messy may be at first but easy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…