Printer ink - Epson Picturemate T557

badgermansix 19:07 PM 30 Sep 12

Hello, I have had this Epson Picturemate T557 for a few years, and have always been very pleased with the results, using Epson Original Ink. However, I now need to look at the cost of this ink, so my question is:- Has anyone used a "compatible" ink for this printer, and got equally good results that they could recommend?

Thank yo.

northumbria61 19:38 PM 01 Oct 12

Can't really speak for your Epson but I had a HP Photosmart for 6 years and used nothing else but compatibles. They always gave good results and personally I couldn't see any difference. I have only recently changed to a Samsung Colour Laser because my HP had come to the end of its working life.

badgermansix 16:39 PM 03 Oct 12

northumbria61 ; Thanks for your info. I'll wait to see if there are any further inputs.

mooly 07:38 AM 04 Oct 12

My experience of "cheap" compatables for Epson (not your model) was poor. Cartridges not recognised, poor print quality etc. The only brand I now use (for the last 5 years in two different Epsons) are Jettec which come with a full warranty. Not the cheapest around although many Jettecs have up to 100% more capacity than the originals.

badgermansix 06:44 AM 05 Oct 12

mooly, thank you also for your input, I think it will be a hit or miss with compatables so I'll forget about using them.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 review: Hands-on with the phone which the Z3+ should have been

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to choose a photographer

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone