Printer ignoring request to print A4

nethy 12:22 11 Apr 03

Got a second hand HP LaserJet 4 but it is refusing to print A4. Instead it continually flashes up the message LOAD LETTER.
I'm using the correct driver for it which I got via my own printer Wizard. In the driver's 'paper' section I've adjusted it to A4 but the printer is not listening and keeps repeating the LOAD LETTER message when I try and print. Any ideas?

stlucia 12:33 11 Apr 03

When my HP printer at work says LOAD LETTER it means that the document I'm sending has been setup using letter size (an American specification) paper, not that there's anything wrong with the printer.

So, check your word processor setup to make sure the paper size is A4.

Big Elf 12:34 11 Apr 03

Whichever application you're trying to print from probably has 'Letter' as the default paper size. Go in to the print options and set it to A4.

Big Elf 12:39 11 Apr 03

Also there's an option in Printer, Properties, Device Settings, From to tray assignment that can be set to A4.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…