printer hp dekjet 640c

Jaro 23:13 04 May 06

hi just cant find out whats the problem with my printer. just can not print any text that is any other color than clack. before it would print any color text with no prob. i print only black and white. can anyone suggest what would be the prob?

Totally-braindead 23:18 04 May 06

Either you are out of colour ink or the printer is set to print in black and white or the heads are clogged and it needs cleaned.

Jaro 23:25 04 May 06

i never had a colour ink so the printeris ofcourse set to print black and white. its always been like that and all was ok.maybe the heads as you said could be the prob. but if they are clogged whay black is text printed ok? could that be some seting in properties?

woodchip 23:27 04 May 06

It's a Old Printer, Is there a colour cart in the printer?

woodchip 23:30 04 May 06

And as you have not printed Colour in a long time I would say it needs a new Colour Print Head for the colour cart

Totally-braindead 23:35 04 May 06

I'm a bit confused here, correct me if I'm wrong. What you are saying is you have the printer set to print in black and white, it will print text ok but if you try to print something else, say a picture of something, it will not print even in black and white, is that right?

Jaro 23:37 04 May 06

exactly thats right and before i could print anythink

Jaro 23:38 04 May 06

now i can only print black text

Totally-braindead 23:42 04 May 06

Ok, you have the printer set to print in black and white, but whatever program you are using also has the option of altering the way something prints so check that.
As an example. If I print this page I'm on now in Internet Explorer and I've altered the settings for the printer in Internet Explorer to print in colour it wouldn't print. Does that make sense to you? I'm not all that great at explaining sometimes.

Jaro 23:48 04 May 06

i dont understand what u r saying mate. sorry but i appreciate your help.

Jaro 23:49 04 May 06

im not very good in printers :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…