Printer HP 890C Printing problems

BEANS 20:02 29 Feb 04

I have a problem with my HP 890C printer.It's fine in all respects, bar one!
It will print an email, or perhaps an item from the web quite happily, filling the whole A4 page, apart from its normal border limitations.
However, when I print things such as Word, Excel or Access documents, graphics, labels and similar objects, the same printer using the same settings will only print to one and a half inches from the bottom of the page in portrait, or the right hand edge in landscape.
If, however, I use an HP 550C driver, the printer, while lacking the facilities of its correct driver, WILL print to the full page.
I was given this advice by a computer guru, but even he couldn't fathom out why the 890C was given problems. Nor, may I add could the official site, and as the printer is now quite old I've given up hope of any support from that quarter.
Has anyone out there any suggestions, or maybe experienced the same annoying problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…