Printer head cleaner doesn't

Trikie 00:17 23 Jul 05

Epson Stylus Photo 890 with XP. After 5 consecutive runs of the head cleaner cycle the yellow is still totally missing from the test print.

Is there any other way to clean the heads or could it be a faulty cartridge?

Happy Soul 00:46 23 Jul 05

First try swapping the yellow cartridge with cyan and do another test print.

If the yellow now shows, the cartridge is OK.

If it doesn't but cyan does, then it's the cartridge.

It maybe dirty contacts on the head.

ICF 07:35 23 Jul 05

Try one of these click here

jack 09:08 23 Jul 05

See issue 122 -September of our favourite mag. Page 178 - Item Keeping a clear head. This might just sort your problem,and also suggests a new way to sup Vodka

Trikie 14:23 24 Jul 05

Thanks all. Happy Soul - all the colours are in a single cartridge, when this printer gives up I'll get a modern one.

As it's a chipped cartridge and I haven't got a zapper (should I have one and how do I get it?) I have followed ICF's link and ordered 2 cleaning cartridges.

Thanks again.

Ancient Learner 14:32 24 Jul 05

You may find my earlier thread helpfull. There is a reply from a cartridge supplier included!
click here

Trikie 22:22 28 Jul 05

I have now received the head cleaning cartridges and used the colour one as per instructions over several 5-cleaning cycles. The yellow is still completely missing from the test prints (its a 5 ink cartridge).

I want to avoid replacing the printer if at all possible as I bulk bought a load of black and colour cartridges ready to print a lot of photos. I will try the "clean and leave overnight" but would appreciate any other ideas in case this does not do the trick.

Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…