Printer has started producing faint images of financial content

armstrongpiper 22:18 PM 30 Aug 12

Epson SX218, Windows XP. Printer has started, in the last week, to make faint printings (so that one can hardly read the details) of emails or other documents with sensitive content. By this I mean confirmatory details when I have paid for something using Paypal, or booked a hotel room etc. The heading of the email is printed normally and all other things printed are OK. This behaviour is new to me, and I don't know what has caused it to happen, or where to find any settings which may have been altered. Has anyone had a similar occurance, or can help correct it, please?

Neil Baker

woodchip 22:30 PM 30 Aug 12

When printing, Click on File Print Preview. try changing settings there till you get it right, if that is the problem

lotvic 22:54 PM 30 Aug 12

It's possible that the email is Content-Type: text/html and the 'faint' text is actually grey in colour and not black.

armstrongpiper 10:31 AM 31 Aug 12

Well, I have to apologise and say this has been a 'red herring'. The ink Monitor for the Printer showed the three colour cartridges as being amply filled, but when I tried a test image print, I got only a black, no colours, and performing an ink head clean, there was no change. So I installed three new colour cartridges, and 'Hey Presto', normal service has resumed. The ink cartidges I use are generic types, not original Epson, but this is the first time I have had any trouble from them. So, apologies for raising this thread and wasting your time.

Armstrongpiper

lotvic 21:04 PM 31 Aug 12

It may help someone else with same problem, remind them to check ink cartridges, so not a complete waste of time :)

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 review: Hands-on with the phone which the Z3+ should have been

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Get your photos turned into illos by some of the world’s best artists

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites