printer has disappeared

misters 21:28 10 Nov 08

Anno this is going to sound silly but i just went to print something off and i got a message saying no printer is connected, so the first thing i did was checked all cables were connected and they were then i went into my control pannel to see if the printer was still set as my default but the printer isnt even there now, strange as i used it earlier today, does anyone have any suggestions i could try i dont even think i have the dis with the drivers on it at hand so looking for a quick fix thanks.

misters 22:11 10 Nov 08

BUMP

DieSse 22:24 10 Nov 08

Download a new driver from the printer manufacturers web site.

OR - there may even be a driver in windows (or linux if you're using that - more probably is a driver). So just try Add a new printer and see if yours is in the list.

Sea Urchin 22:24 10 Nov 08

Strange as it may seem I have known Norton to remove a printer from your Control Panel - I think you will need to re-install with the driver. If you don't have the disk you should be able to download from the manufacturer's site. Which printer is it?

Also first I would run your anti-virus and malware programs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…