Printer Friendly Version

Rabi 16:36 03 Dec 03

This may be a redundant question, but is there a printer-friendly version of this page (or any subject being discussed)?

We should be able to print a copy when our postings are responded to satisfsctorily to refer to later?

Diemmess 16:52 03 Dec 03

I have just tried dragging the mouse over this thread short as it is. Then with the thread highlighted chose Edit> Copy....... This when pasted into Notepad was readable, even though Word would do the formatting and colour some justice.

Rabi 17:23 03 Dec 03

Notepad commpletely strips all the formatting. I don't mind the formatting, but if you do not print in Landscape mode, you lose the sides of the page. A "printer-friendly version", as you find on some other sites, will keep the main body and lose none of the message.

Diemmess 09:43 04 Dec 03

Sorry, I was merely saying that EVEN notepad would provide a readable file.

At the other extreme, pasting into Word 2000 will preserve as tables and coloured too, but you will need to edit out the irrelevant bits to make sense of the file several months later.

In between these extremes it depends on what word processing software you are happiest with.

Rabi 15:55 04 Dec 03

Okay, thanks. What you suggest with Word etc. is what I do already, but it is slow and cumbersome.

Time PC ADVISOR looked at creating a link (as in Yahoo Mail, Hotmail, PC WORLD, etc,) that would provide us with a printer-friendly versin of the page.

Djohn 17:25 04 Dec 03

Just drag your cursor over all the text you want to print, when highlighted click on print from your browser, no need to go through word or any other program.

Highlighting can be from just the centre box, no need to select the left and right panes.

If you click on "file" from your browser toolbar, then on print, just need to place a dot in the circle that says, "Print selection only". j.

Rabi 17:43 04 Dec 03

Nice tip, Djohn, just used it on this page and it is a much faster, almost immediate result. Much much better than copying into WORD XP or WORD 2000.

Nice one, thank you.

P.S.: Still doesn't give us the printer friendly view I refer to, which would give us the same centre section with al the crucial details for the page, and only lose the side column adverts.

Diemmess 17:45 04 Dec 03

Oh well, I do what I do to suit me!

canard 17:52 04 Dec 03

Djohn I've always wondered how to do that- thanks.

keenan 18:02 04 Dec 03

Works a treat, useful tip,cheers.

Rabi 22:08 04 Dec 03

Djohn

See how any people had a problem they didn't know needed solving till somebody solved it for them?
Already passed this on to my bussies who surf more than I do, all think it's a great tip.
So, thanks from them all Djohn.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…