a printer for fine art printouts

Linda Weir 11:05 16 Mar 05

I have started using a digital camera as well as slides I've been making do with ordinary printers
but results are unreliable. How can I buy a printer reasonably priced which can show prints of my paintings , which are quite heavy oil, accurately with intense colour. Which printer would you go for. this is to send prints for applying to gallerys etc. I have used slides but sometimes they have to be digital.I would be most greatful, i have heard epson is good?sincerely linda

AndySD 11:47 16 Mar 05

Hi Linda

What is your budget and do you need A3?

Linda Weir 11:50 16 Mar 05

Andy, hi, up to around 3-4 hundred, I 've not even though about price. I could stretch my imagination if i got a really definate recommendation. Linda

Linda Weir 12:02 16 Mar 05

yes I ' d like A3 but not absolutely necessary. I'd also like a slide printer if that is possible. is that a scanner job though?linda

Hey i'm dead impressed with this forum, i'm happy

AndySD 12:33 16 Mar 05

Hi Linda

Yes the Scanner is needed for the slides.
I like Epson for colour printing the R800 is a good buy at the moment.For A3 I still use the Epson 1290. I would sugest you go down to PC World and ask them to print on them for you to look at first no matter what printer you choose (or where you choose to buy it from)

AndySD 12:49 16 Mar 05

Some reviews R800 click here cost @ £205

1290S click here cost @ £245

AndySD 12:49 16 Mar 05

Some reviews R800 click here cost @ £205

1290S click here cost @ £245

Linda Weir 13:16 16 Mar 05

thanks Andy, you have saved me many long hours onthe computer looking up printers with my limited knowledge. i really appreciate it. linda weir

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…