printer and file sharing

BIGBUSTER 02:10 11 Apr 06

desktop and wireless laptop both connected to internet via router and modem.although workgroups set up on both pcs unable to get access to desktop via laptop therefore unable to use printer or file sharing.

mgmcc 09:30 11 Apr 06

Have you set Folders and Printers as "Shared" and configured any firewall software to allow access to the networked computers? At least one folder in each PC should be set as "shared" and both PCs should be in the *same* Workgroup.

Aargh 11:24 11 Apr 06

Are the folders/files you want to share saved in 'My network Places,?

BIGBUSTER 13:07 12 Apr 06

I have set firewall to allow exceptions and both pcs are on same workgroup.I have also set files for sharing. It is a belkin router does it need configured in some way ? I ran Network wizard on both pcs using windows xp. because my laptop is a wireless connection should I have ran the wireless wizard on it ? rather than normal network wizard.
Would I be best concentrating on getting my laptop to talk to my desktop so that I can use my printer. Then worry about sharing files ?
The printer is configured on both pcs but access is denied or network not seen.
From previous postings you guys know your stuff, hope you can help me.
ps I thought since both pcs were using windows xp this would have been straightforward.

The Kestrel 13:40 12 Apr 06

There is a guide to setting up a network to share internet, files, and printers at click here . Have a look through, it may be of help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…