Printer and file access problem - PLEASE HELP

iedwards1919 20:10 04 Jan 06

I have a Dell Dimension desktop and a Belkin 802.11g Router. I have two advent 7081 laptops in different rooms in the house, both with USB wireless adaptors. The laptops can access the internet perfectly. My Dell machine can see that the laptops are on the network I have set up. The problem is that my laptops cannot see into my Dell machine and cannot therefore use the printer attached to the Dell machine. The error message which appears mentions that, "I may not have permission to use this network resource."
I have spoken to PC World at length and been told that the problem appears to be with the permissions on the DEll computer.
I have spoken to Dell who tell me that they will not help home customers with network problems and recommend that I go to PC World.
I am not too technically minded but can get through the basics. Can someone out there please tell me what I need to do to get this all working!

mgmcc 20:40 04 Jan 06

This is a duplicate posting of this discussion click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…