printer error print is all joined up!

rsturbo 01:44 22 Nov 04

my epson epl-5800 has started to print paragraphs as one long string of letters (correct letters but all the words are joined up. Inbetween each word is the letter t. example; thetdogtwenttottheshoptandtboughttatbone.

i have uninstalled the driver/printer. reinstalled the driver (i have xp sp2 and it automatically installs the printer drivers). their has been no changes to the hardware or software - it just suddenly started doing this??.

thanks for any help

ps it prints a test page fine from the printer test button but error does occur if i try to print test page from within windows.

Djohn 01:57 22 Nov 04

You say your using XP's SP2 drivers for the printer. Have you tried using the printer drivers from epson that are on the CD? Also make sure that the drivers are put in before the printer is connected to the PC.

Wak 09:37 22 Nov 04

Just a bit of lateral thinking here.
Could this be a Keyboard problem?
Is it replacing the SPACE BAR with a letter T??
This would also affect anything from Windows but not the direct Test Print through the printer.
As I say, just a thought!

Technotiger 13:21 22 Nov 04

Hi, I think XP can be a bit fussy about Epsom Printer Drivers. When I changed to XP I had to download the latest Drivers for my Epson Stylus. It had been working very well previously in ME. All works fine with the new Drivers.

jack 14:32 22 Nov 04

Concur- Driver update required - latest XP from Epson

rsturbo 14:42 22 Nov 04

okay how do i put the drivers in first if xp automatically installs printer? ie little bubble comes up in bottom right hand corner 'new hardware found ..... your hardware is now ready to use'

thanks for input so far

Technotiger 22:56 22 Nov 04

Hi, go to Epson website, download drivers for your printer, then install as normal, ie Download and Run.

rsturbo 22:27 30 Nov 04

installed latest drivers and that worked :)

thanks for the input

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…