Printer error

shellship 17:02 08 Jan 10

Windows XP SP3, printer HP 2210 PSC. Printer works fine (as it had done for the last 5 years or so) but a few weeks ago the printer icon in the taskbar at the bottom right of the screen has an exclamation mark over it with the note "hp psc 2200 series: Error". Everything works fine but I am curious why the message is there. Any ideas please.

isca2 17:11 08 Jan 10

Maybe the driver needs updating ?

shellship 17:14 08 Jan 10

Thanks but I get regular reminders from HP to check that all is up to date and it always seems to be OK.

shellship 17:31 08 Jan 10

Managed to sort it. I had removed one HP thingy from Start Up and re-checking it made all OK. It was hpoddt01.exe whatever that is.

shellship 17:34 08 Jan 10

Googled the file and got this:

"Hpoddt01.exe is a program file which may have arrived on your computer when you installed your HP printer software, and it may have always been in your startup folder contents since the day you installed it. The actual proper disk location is also shown below, so always verify the location to make sure your file is not spyware or adware related. This task belongs to HP (Hewlitt Packard) computers and it is used for diagnostics on HP printers. If you have an HP printer, regardless of what type of computer you have, this task may be found. This is considered safe and is not spyware or adware related. (See the details below for the actual location of this file.)"

So that's all right then!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…