Printer (Epson 680) not recognised

Deeg 23:40 06 Mar 03

I've rebuilt my pc after a total crash and the only thing that doesn't work is my Epson Stylus Color 680 which has worked perfectly prior to the crash. I get told that the 'printer port configuration is not completed' every time I try to reinstall the Epson software. It's connected via usb - all other usb hardware works ok. I've tried uninstall/reinstall several times to no avail. I've downloaded a software patch from my usb controller manufacturer to no effect. I think my pc may have the printer attached to a parrallel port but I'm not sure. My pc manufacturer told me to contact Epson and they advised me to try something I'd already tried. Any idea's? I'm getting fed up with late nights.

Ironman556 23:47 06 Mar 03

Have you tried it as the only thing in the USB port?

Ironman556 23:52 06 Mar 03

As I've never used my USB ports, I'm not sure on this, butthe is re somthing you can change similar to the COM ports in the UBS config?

woodchip 23:57 06 Mar 03

Remove the Printer first, then go to Add/Remove and remove Epson software and printer. Then open Device Manager remove all the USB references you can see, then restart your computer it should load the standard USB Bus Controller, then plug your printer in when windows detects the printer and ask's for drivers click the cancel button and then put Epson 680 CD in and run the setup from CD after the auto run of the CD it will load the drivers and software you have to have the printer turned on to perform the above

Deeg 00:18 08 Mar 03

Thanks for the advice but it's still not working. I removed the printer,drivers & usb references but when I restarted the pc loaded ECP printer port and didn't give me the choice of loading from the cd. Any advice before I go and watch GP qualifying?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…